Monday, February 20, 2012

A tale of window washing.

This past Saturday was a rainy one. We woke up to a downpour complete with thunder and lightening. Thankfully though, it didn't disturb Benjamin one bit and we all slept in until 8! 

Two days earlier, I had an intense urge to wash our windows...the job was long overdue, umm, as in, I hadn't washed them (properly) since we moved in. So I got Benjamin and Briana down for naps, broke out the ladder and set out to conquer our huge, nearly floor-to-ceiling windows in our family room. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I finished and they looked only marginally better! Apparently, I needed a serious tutorial in window washing. Enter Mom. One phone call later, I was equipped with fabulous window washing instructions and an itch to start over on the windows. Matt and I made a quick trip to Lowes on Friday night so I could pick up an oversized bucket, some quality squeegees (not the rinky dink one we had in our shower that I used the day before) and some microfiber cloths. Even though the rain was already coming down and it was 10:30 p.m., I couldn't resist the urge to get the job started. Back up the ladder I went, this time with the right tools, and BAM! ...sparkling windows from the inside without a single streak! I stayed up until after midnight washing our windows but it was oh so worth it. As soon as I woke up the next morning, I was ready to get back to work. I had to wait for the rain to taper off a bit, but I was back to work by 10 a.m. :) 

OK and guys, I have TOTALLY seen the error of my ways. I will never, ever go years without washing my windows again. I honestly didn't think I cared about the way the windows looked, but now that I see what they look like clean... I'm obsessed. So I see myself doing this several times a year now.

While I was out front washing the dining room and kitchen windows, Matt took Benjamin outside for a little walk. It was slightly chilly and a tad drizzly so B got to wear his new raincoat that we picked up for him last week! He looked so darn cute holding Matt's hand walking up and down the sidewalk. I just had to put the squeegee down and grab my camera for a minute...











1 comment: