Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Gipson Family Christmas

We're spending Christmas with my family this year and I really can't wait! The last time I was with anyone from my family for Christmas was in 2007 so this is long overdue :)

We spent last weekend up in Dallas celebrating an early Christmas with Matt's family. We were the first to arrive (on Friday night) while everyone else arrived around noon on Saturday.

Benjamin got some good one-on-one time with Poppa and Goonie!

Goonie was showing Benjamin her angel pin :)

Goonie found the most perfect ornament for Benjamin this year - a little lamb! - the tag says "Little Blessing" and that couldn't be more true for us!

Finally, everyone else arrived. First things first, we had to celebrate big boy Brandon's (our nephew) 6th birthday!



Looks like they are all pretty mesmerized by the candles ;)

Happy Birthday dear Brandon, Happy Birthday to you!

Time for presents!

Little Lucy is a great helper when it comes to handing out gifts!

After we wrapped up the birthday celebration, Matt and I headed over to Mimi and Papa's house for a visit. I am so thankful that Benjamin gets to spend time with his great grandparents...he couldn't ask for better ones!

Benjamin with Gigi and Papa

We just love her and it looks like Benjamin does too! :)

... and last but not least, the day ended with an early Christmas celebration and Benjamin got to open his very first Christmas present...

...and like a typical baby, he was far more interested in the wrapping paper than he was the actual gift!

I think overall, he was pretty confused...

Looks like Brandon definitely knew what was going on!

Lucy and Uncle Matt

After observing the situation for a little while...

...he figured it all out!

B and Auntie Sus!

...and that was Christmas #1.

We did our family Christmas (just the 3 of us) last night so that will be in a blog to come followed by a blog about Christmas in VA.

Merry Christmas to all of you! I pray that each of you will know the blessings of God not only during Christmas, but all throughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment