It's bluebonnet season! Now I know that none of my TX friends need an explanation, but I'm going to give a quick one for VA family and friends :)
The bluebonnet is state flower of TX. They pop up in the spring time (not last year though - with the drought, I'm pretty sure no one got great bluebonnet pictures) and people will drive quite a distance to find big, open fields of them for pictures. Since moving to TX back in 2004, I have seen a few very small patches of bluebonnets along the side of the interstate, but nothing worth stopping for. In the past couple of years, as my friends started having children, I started seeing tons of pictures of their little ones in fields of beautiful bluebonnets, and this year I knew we had to take Benjamin out for HIS picture in the bluebonnets.
Yesterday, we drove about an hour north of Houston to find a big open field of flowers. Thanks to some great directions from a friend, we ended up in Chappell Hill in the exact type of field that I was envisioning! Thankfully, it wasn't overly crowded and it was easy to photograph our little family in the bluebonnets. I'm already excited to head back up there next year (and years to come) for more pictures!











No comments:
Post a Comment