My photography business is really starting to pick up which is a great thing (by the way, did I ever actually mention on here that I made myself official? I did! Check out www.littlelambphoto.com), but this pregnancy is really starting to pick up too and these twins are still taking every last ounce of my energy. I thought I'd be feeling awesome once I hit the second trimester, but ehhh...not so much. It might also have a bit to do with a certain, very active, almost 17 month old boy that doesn't nap well during the day resulting in this mom not napping well either ;)
So I'm spending time taking and editing other people's pictures these days, but hardly ever finding the time or energy to lift my camera otherwise to take pictures of MY people. That's changing this weekend. Matt's 32nd birthday is on Saturday and I'm going to drag my boys out for a little photo shoot together whether they like it or not :)
Thankfully though, my phone is always handy when my camera is not! So while the clarity of these photos may not be the best, at least there are SOME pictures of Benjamin to look at from the last few weeks. Here's what our fun, but oh so feisty little man has been up to...
Real men do housework!
Looks like we need to have a little chat about good table manners ;)
Just hanging out!
Trying to pick the flowers...
He was just coming out of some extremely drool-y days from cutting molars. He had to live in a bib for about a week b/c his shirts kept getting soaked!
Fun at the splash pad!
Ready to try driving! Just needs to be a little bit taller...
Macaroni tastes so much better when it's smeared on your face and in your hair.
If no one else thinks I'm funny, at least I know my little man does!
I had to move my straws to a higher cabinet...
Remind me to buy some new plastic spoons ;)
We have access to several different pools in our subdivision, most of which Matt and I had never been to before Benjamin was born. We tried out the "Beach Club" for the first time last week and B absolutely LOVED playing in the sand!
"Pictures at 7 a.m.? Come on, Mom..."
Since Benjamin has almost every single one of his baby teeth in, we figured it was time to take him to the dentist for the first time. He HATED it to say the least. Screamed the whole time! I wasn't surprised as he also hates when we brush his teeth. I was totally impressed by the pediatric dentist though...she managed to brush, FLOSS and give him a fluoride treatment through all of the screaming and thrashing! I have a short video of all the action, but I won't post it here and spare you the pain in your ears from the loud crying :) As soon as he was off the chair, he was a smiling, happy boy again! He loved the toys they gave him and the new toothbrush with Tigger on it!
This was last night at the lovely hour of 10 p.m. Someone decided he did NOT want to go to sleep at 7:30 like usual. He finally went down without screaming around 10:30 p.m. and woke up much earlier than usual....
Resulting in a little nap on the way to swim class at 10 a.m. today. He never falls asleep while looking at books in the car! It was almost impossible for me to wake him up (he is usually VERY easy to wake) and I nearly didn't bring him in b/c he was so darn sleepy. Eventually, he seemed awake enough to go in so we did :)
A couple of weeks ago we drove up to Dallas to visit Matt's parents. They were awesome and let us catch up on some sleep one morning while they played with Benjamin. He had a blast going on wagon rides to look at the dogs in the neighborhood. My mother in law sent me this picture and it's TOO cute!
Happy boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment