Friday, September 28, 2012

Skating!

As usual, this posting is long over due, but at least I'm getting it up. A little over a month ago, Matt took Benjamin ice skating for the very first time. Now, this was a big event because, I kid you not, Matt's been talking about this since B was a newborn. He said "as soon as Benjamin can walk, I want to take him skating." Well, it didn't happen right away... little man's been walking for 6 months, but we still didn't wait too long and certainly not by comparison to most other toddlers I know. It seems a rarity for 20 month olds to be on the ice... in their own skates...single blade hockey skates that is.

Yes, that's right, B has his own hockey skates (and helmet, which he didn't wear this time). Matt was pretty determined to get Benjamin on the ice early, but most of the skate places don't rent out sizes for tiny feet...so, he did the next best thing and just bought him a pair. I laughed when they arrived. I mean, Benjamin will probably fit into his skates for no more than a month or two and it seemed a little funny to BUY him a pair! 

Matt played hockey a lot growing up...both roller and ice. He loved it and I think he'd love for Benjamin to love it too. Nothing like early exposure to the ice! 

So even though I thought it was pretty funny to invest in a pair of skates so early, I'm actually really glad that Matt did because Benjamin had an absolute blast "skating" with his daddy and watching their interactions on the (almost completely empty) ice rink was beyond precious to me! 

Pregnancy and ice skating don't really mix all that well (at least when you're a semi wobbly skater like me) so I stayed off the ice and just took pictures instead...the lighting was HORRIBLE (as I expected it would be) so these pictures just look better in black and white.

"It's cold in here, Mommy...what are we doing?"

I ADORE this picture of Matt holding Benjamin. I know you can't really see Matt's face, but I can still tell how excited he is to be sharing this moment with his baby boy. Benjamin (and our little ones on the way) are truly SO lucky to have such a wonderful daddy!

Getting our sweet boy all laced up!

"Are we going out there, Daddy?"

All set to go!

Little guy sets his feet on the ice for the first time!

He was a little unsure about things at first.



Sitting on the ice can be fun too ;)


Looks like Benjamin might need to work on his form a bit :)

"Hi, Mommy!"

Matt's back was a little worse for the wear, but he still had a great time!



No comments:

Post a Comment