Thursday, September 20, 2012

Maternity pics and a confession :)

A few weeks ago, my very talented friend Aubrey of Aubrey Torrey Photography took some maternity pictures for us to document our final few months of being a family of 3. These photos were taken when I was just over 27 weeks along (I'm now close to 30 weeks) and I must admit I was a little self conscious about the whole thing. On the one hand, I wanted to make sure that there would be pictures in existence of my twin baby belly to look back on some day (so far, there have been very few taken...just a few random cell phone pics I have Matt snap now and then), but on the other hand, I look and feel so big already and I have several more weeks of growing left to do. I know it's sort of silly for me to be feeling that way because the fact is, I do have two babies in my belly, so naturally, I'm going to be bigger than I was during my pregnancy with Benjamin...and bigger than most other pregnant people. Of course, knowing all of that doesn't always make me feel thrilled with the way I'm looking... 

...and while I'm being honest and sharing some of my actual thoughts here (something I rarely do), I'll just go ahead and admit that in addition to be uncomfortable about having a belly that measures 37 weeks when I'm only 29w4d, I'm uncomfortable about the weight I've gained in general. I see it all over me in these pictures...so much so that I felt upset when I first saw them (nothing at all to do with Aubrey's work) and even cried a bit! Matt said I was being silly...that all he saw was his beautiful wife (his words, not mine!) and a happy mom growing two healthy babies. I can always count on him to make me feel better when I'm feeling down. He's awesome like that. 

Anyway, seeing these pictures was a bit of a wake up call for me. I know what I need to do after the babies are born (of course, I'm not naive enough to think I'll be working out right away or anything) and I definitely DO plan to do it. I know I can because I was committed to healthy eating and exercise for quite some time before Benjamin was born and I just need to get back to that place again. I'm actually excited to see what I progress I can make by the time the babies turn 1. I doubt I'll really write about it...just not something I like to do on here, but hopefully it'll be obvious in pictures later down the line :) 

Though I didn't want to share these pictures initially, I decided to stop worrying about what I look like and just share this very special moment in my life. So here are a few of my favorites from the shoot!









(In case you don't get it...Matt and Benjamin + Me = 5)

This is my favorite! I had it printed to hang in the twins' nursery.

1 comment: