Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over

Every night when we lay Benjamin down in his crib we pray with and for him. We know that he doesn't understand what we're saying or why we're doing it, but someday he will and we can only hope that the things that we do now will have an impact on his future. Though Matt and I take turns doing the actual praying, each of us without fail always thanks God profusely for giving us such a precious gift. We are both often overwhelmed by the love we feel for our little boy. As the title suggests, we feel so abundantly blessed by what we've been given.

Those closest to us (and now anyone reading this) know that Benjamin didn't come to us without a bit of struggle. We spent 17 months waiting to find out that I was pregnant only to be disappointed over and over again. Time passed as we prayed and I cried - neither of us understanding why God wouldn't give us a baby when we so desired one. Finally, we were blessed with a pregnancy in our 18 month of trying and today we have our sweet boy. I can truly say that the wait was more than worth it!

Before Benjamin was born I knew that I was going to love being a mom, but what I didn't realize was how much I was going to love watching Matt be a dad. I love how he lights up when Benjamin "talks" to him. I love that Matt looks truly delighted when Benjamin wakes up from a nap. I love the way he bathes him every night and then lays him down in his crib with a hug and a kiss. I love that Matt tells me I'm a good mom and thanks me for taking care of Benjamin during the day.

I love that we are a family of three now.


Someday...a long way down the road, I imagine Benjamin will get married and have kids...

...and if he does...he's going to have big shoes to fill.



No comments:

Post a Comment