Wednesday, August 10, 2011

More from the VA va-cay

Worst blogger ever. Yes, right here. Finally though, I'm here and ready to post the rest of my pictures from our trip to VA. I'm going to make these a bit smaller than I usually do only because there's a lot. Enjoy!

As soon as we arrived, Auntie Britt got right to playing with Benjamin. He LOVES her! :)

Of course, Grandpa had to get a little time in too.

We got to celebrate Janelle's 27th birthday on the day we arrived.
Happy Birthday to the new Mama!

I even got to witness Sadie's first bath after the birthday cake celebration.

Sweet Sadie

Almost 2 weeks old here (now she's 5.5 weeks old...time moves too fast).

Brittni was dying to take Benjamin to the playground, but since he was exhausted from traveling and ready for bed by 7 p.m., we promised her we'd go first thing in the morning. Little did Auntie Britt know...Benjamin wakes up around 6:30 a.m.! She was a good sport and popped right out of bed to go to the park. She wanted to change, but we convinced her to go in her jammies just like Benjamin was doing.


Matt and I are now considering waiting 9 years before we have another baby because, wow, Brittni was a great helper! ;)




After we got back from the playground, Benjamin checked out his new cousin...

She wasn't too thrilled to meet him.

Benjamin says: "Can someone please quiet this baby down?"

Next we headed up to my mom's house for the rest of the first weekend!

Benjamin got right back to swinging!


Sadie made it up to Grandma's house for the first time!

The next morning, Brittni tested out her yoga skills with Matt. She lasted the entire hour and a half!

Check out the leg extension! Looks like she's a bit more advanced than her brother-in-law ;)

Poor Auntie Britt...Benjamin spit up all over her.

Nothing like an afternoon swim!

Learning to surf...


One night we had dinner at our good friends Jeff and Katie's house and Benjamin got to play with this cute, little thing!

Benjamin was so captivated by Jacob!


Me and Benjamin with Katie and Jacob. The visit wasn't long enough!

The men!

One afternoon we checked out an old fashioned ice cream shop with Mom and her neighbor/close friend, Tina. It was delicious! Huge and creamy ice cream comes for cheap. What could be better?

Back at Jason and Janelle's house on our last weekend...

Chef Brittni baked cookies for everyone. Yum!

A little Rastafarian?

A very cute one if I do say so myself!
(and yes...those are his pajama pants on his head. Thanks to his daddy)

Our trip to VA was nothing short of wonderful and we can't wait to be back there again for Christmas!

I'm happy to report that I finally took my camera out of my bag last night (I hadn't really touched it since we came back) and snapped a few pictures of Benjamin - regular blogging should hopefully resume soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment