At 14 months, our boy is officially a toddler and no longer a baby. Well, at least by definition. He will always, always be our baby. I must admit though, it's getting harder to look at him and see a baby and not a little boy. I guess that's why Matt has started greeting Benjamin with "Hello Toddler Benjamin!" instead of 'Baby Benjamin' as he used to.
Benjamin's hair was getting a little long... as in growing over his ears and forming a rat tail in the back. I HATED the rat tail and threatened to cut it everyday, but Matt kept telling me to wait it out because the rest of his hair would start to grow and it would all even out. Well... I waited 2 months and it didn't happen so off we went to get his first official haircut!
Though he didn't need a lot of his hair cut, I simply didn't trust myself to do it without totally messing up what little hair he has. I sure am glad we took him to a place where the person cutting his hair was totally used to working with squirmy one year olds. Benjamin got to sit in the firetruck chair and he LOVED it! He was all smiles the whole time... between the steering wheel, the bell, and the movie on TV with dogs he was totally entertained during his very quick haircut.
If we felt like he starting to look less like a baby BEFORE his haircut, we had no doubt about it AFTER. He looked like such a big boy when it was done!
I declined the offer to keep some of his hair (sorry Mom!), but I did take plenty of pictures to document B's very first haircut!
BEFORE! Check out the long pieces around his ears... unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the back, but trust me, it needed to be cut.
Not so sure about that cover...
...but totally loving the firetruck!
"Ummm...can I help you?"
"Are you sure this is OK, Mommy?"
Checking out the puppies on TV. He said "woof, woof" several times during his cut :)
Just about done...what a handsome boy!
Finally, this is why I'm glad she was cutting his hair and not me :)










No comments:
Post a Comment