I have met several moms of twins and they've all told me the same thing in more or less words: "the first 4 months are awful/ so hard/such a blur...then it gets easier." Those moms were SO not lying.
I'm going to throw in the obligatory "we love our babies and this is so worth it" and I'm not just saying that because I have to...though I guess I do have to say that ;) ...but seriously, we do love our babies and this truly is worth it. Knowing that, however, doesn't make things any less hard.
I thought I was sleep deprived when we had Benjamin. It was a one man show when it came to feeding because I nursed him and he was a pretty bad sleeper for the first few months. I thought he'd never get the hang of it, I thought he'd never pull it together and I thought we'd never get sleep again. At that time, you couldn't have convinced me that putting Benjamin to bed would eventually be the easiest thing ever and that he would sleep for 11-12 hours a night.
So knowing all of that pulls me through this time. Well, that and a WHOLE lot of prayer! Logically speaking, I know that eventually these babies will sleep through the night. I know that eventually they won't wake each other up when one is crying intensely at 1 a.m. I know eventually they'll sleep in their cribs and stay asleep. I know that eventually, I'll stop dreading my nights. I know that...and I CAN. NOT. WAIT. FOR. THAT. DAY! Everyone has told me 4 months...and we're 3 weeks away from that. Somehow I don't think life is going to drastically change in 3 weeks, but hopefully we'll start getting there.
Oh shoot, I didn't meant to be such a downer! I blame it on the massive headache I've had since 4 a.m. I just came here to share some cute pictures of the kids from the last few days. Yep, that's right...last few days. Who's on top of their blogging game now?
Like I said, these cute faces really DO make all the hard stuff totally worth it!
This pure joy quickly turned into tears streaming down his face 10 minutes later when we told him it was time to go inside and eat dinner.
This is a face we see a lot. Often if we ask him to do something like clean up his toys...I guess he needs to ponder whether or not he wants to do it ;)
Benjamin loves to point out the moon...which he calls a "moo"
If you're friends with me on Facebook, then you've already seen this picture and you've already read what I wrote there:
Before the twins were born, we, as most second time parents do, wondered what effect it would have on Benjamin. I am so thankful that I can say that he adores his baby brother and sister! He loves on them all day and it makes my heart so happy! Here he is tickling Oliver's toes!
Side note - if you're new to this blog, you may not know that my kids pretty much never wear pants at home. It's just how we roll (read: it's just too much effort if we're not going anywhere).
My pretty little girl.
OK seriously...what is it that little kids love about having no clothes on? Benjamin is no exception...and since he's recently learned to take off his own diapers (I see many fun times ahead....), we often have a little nude escapee running away from the bathroom as we're getting his bath ready.
...but really, if you can't walk around nude in the privacy of your own home, where can you? ;)
Have I ever mentioned that it's really, really hard to get a cute picture of them together at this point? Oh I have? In pretty much every post?
Luckily, it's definitely not hard to get adorable pics of them alone!
Since Oliver means 'peaceful', it's only appropriate that he would be giving the peace sign at such a young age.
So who said men can't multitask? Obviously, they can't do it as well as women can ;-) ...but it CAN be done...
A screaming baby wasn't about to stop Matt from painting the kitchen!
This is what things look like when Daddy plays with Benjamin:
A little afternoon fun on the play mat!
This girl gets cuter by the day! And her cheeks get chubbier by the day too!
Another poor attempt at photographing them together. Sigh...
See you next time!























Such cute pics of such cute kiddos! Also, I am crossing my fingers that things will magically get easier at 3 months, since that's when I have to go back to work... argh!
ReplyDelete