Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Benjamin Belly

Apparently this belly of mine is just going to keep growing and growing until Benjamin decides to make his debut. Please join me in praying that he comes a bit early, ha! I've officially reached the point where the only word I can think of to describe myself right now is enormous - and not just in the belly - I see the extra weight in my face, hands, arms, legs and feet. I'm calling it water weight (don't burst my bubble - it makes me feel better!) and convincing myself that this new, super attractive, puffy look can only mean that the end is drawing near. Just the other day I said to my friend Sophie, "I don't see how my belly can get any bigger than it is right now" to which she assured me that "it can and it will." Awesome. Just awesome. I'm going to take her word for it as she just had her own sweet, baby boy 8 weeks ago.

I remember when I was 15 weeks along I thought my belly was looking pretty big. So much so that I decided to take my very first belly picture to document it. I looked at the picture and thought "yes, there is no mistaking I'm pregnant with this belly." Oh how I'd love to trade in this 34+ week belly for my 15 week belly. Imagine the things I could do - tie my shoes, get up off the couch - the possibilities would be endless! ;)

But you know what? I'd be willing to keep growing for another few months just to meet my baby boy... BUT thank goodness I only have to grow for another 5 weeks (or less). There is light at the end of the tunnel my friends...light at the end of the tunnel.

15 weeks

18 weeks

20 weeks

22 weeks

23 weeks

28 weeks

34 weeks

3 comments:

  1. You look great even at 34 weeks! Soon it will be a distant memory and you will be too focused on Benjamin to care about how you look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful!! Though you will indeed be glad when you can see your feet again, this time is precious - soak it up, as I know you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I can't see the weight gain anywhere but your belly.

    ReplyDelete