Back in September '09 Matt got me a fancy, (well, fancy to me anyway) new camera. A fancy camera that I had NO idea how to use. Since we were living in Singapore at the time and I had tons of time on my hands, I decided to enroll in an entry level photography class. Five days and 20 hours of instruction later, I felt armed with the knowledge I needed to press any old button on the camera without freaking out and thinking I was about to break something.
Unfortunately, with very few photo opportunities lately, the camera hasn't seen much use. In looking back at some of the pictures I took over the last year, I realized that taking quality photos is actually a skill you have to keep up...and well, I've barely lifted my camera lately. With baby Benjamin set to arrive any day now, I want to be sure that I still know how to take pictures without putting too much thought or effort into the settings. So today I broke out the camera and searched around for a willing model...and thankfully, I found one ;)
This is not my willing model.
As you can see, he completely refused to look at the camera. (These are 2 of maybe 20 shots I took, none of which he made eye contact with me)
Up walks Rocket. Hmm...a willing participant?
"Yawn!" ...well, maybe not so willing.
Please, Rocket, please can I take your picture?!
"No!"
"OK fine, you can take a few pictures."
Thank you, Rocket! Now who doesn't love a warm puppy nose? (OK, he's 6 years old, but he's still a puppy to us!)
And who doesn't love a melt-your-heart gaze from their dog?
Or a beautiful...oh wait, I don't like this face.
"Yawn!" Again? I think he's getting pretty bored now. Maybe I can get one smile out of him...
...annnnnd, success! What a good boy!











These are fabulous! Too bad my dog is so camera shy, I could practice more myself...
ReplyDelete