Sunday, March 20, 2011

Warrior Dash!

Well believe it or not this is a post that doesn't feature Benjamin. In fact, we were without our little man for 6 hours yesterday (the longest I've ever been away from him!) while Matt and several of our friends took part in the Warrior Dash. They had a blast! In fact, I'm totally jealous that I wasn't signed up to do it, but at the time that everyone decided to go for it, I was extremely pregnant and not sure how I'd feel post-baby by the time the race came around. For the record, I feel completely great and back to my normal self so I could have done it, but I digress.  

Much like the Urbanathalon that Matt did in Singapore, the Warrior Dash was a race that included obstacles. While the run was only half the distance of the race in Singapore, Matt said the Warrior Dash obstacles were somewhat challenging and way more fun!

As spectators, we could only stand along the start and finish line so I wasn't able to capture too many of the obstacles, but check out the Warrior Dash link above to see everything they had to do!

Nothing says Warrior Fuel like a Chickfila breakfast!

So as you scroll through the pictures you'll notice several of the guys in costumes - not an uncommon site at the race! Nathan ran in a 3 piece suit, Chris managed the race in a poncho and sombrero and Keith rocked a muscle man shirt!

See on the far right...the guy in the green shirt? That is Ryan and he smoked the rest of the group! In fact he was so far ahead of everyone that it was basically as though he was running alone. He finished the entire course in 23 minutes and last we checked he was 3rd overall for the day.

Chris, Brandon, Keith, Patrick, Andrea and Marianne

The hay bales were set up near the end of the course and Ryan was (not surprisingly) first in our group's wave to cross over them.

...and since he was running so fast, he didn't even have to jump over the fire...he just ran right through it!

Next to approach the finish line were Matt and Nathan. They weren't too hard to spot since not too many others were running in a suit...

Up and over the hay bales!

And they're off!

With flames rising higher, Matt and Nathan approached the fire...

...and jumped over with style!


Almost done, Matt!

Marianne, Andrea and Patrick


...and while I waited for the rest to cross the finish line...

...Matt came and found me looking super clean ;)

Brandon and a super strong looking Keith crossing the hay!



Congrats to all - everyone made it through!


Telemundo (the Spanish news station) even interviewed Chris...maybe it was the poncho? ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment