Today Matt and I are celebrating 7 years of marriage. With the birth of our first baby, I think it's safe to say that this past year was our biggest and best yet!
Since our 6th anniversary we have...
Announced my pregnancy and celebrated with family in late June '10 (cake made by my mom!)...
Visited Bali, Indonesia in August '10...
Traveled through Beijing, China in September '10...
(23 weeks pregnant on the Great Wall of China - this was the weekend that we chose Benjamin's name!)
The Forbidden City in China
Moved back to the US and prepared for baby Benjamin's arrival...
Anxiously awaited the day we met our little guy...
...and welcomed Benjamin Thomas Gipson into the world on 1/11/11.
(Here we are bringing him home for the very first time).
The last year was better than I ever could have imagined. God blessed us abundantly with the birth of our son and so many great opportunities. We can't wait to see what the next year brings!
Last night Matt and I enjoyed our very first date night out since Benjamin was born thanks to Aunt Susie, Uncle Sam and Lucy who came to our house to take care of him while we went to dinner and a movie to celebrate our anniversary. We had a blast and drove in Matt's car (we never ride around in his car because we're always in my Pathfinder when we're together) which reminded us of our dating days that started over 8 years ago. We even listened to CD's we made from 2003 :) It was strange not being home to put our baby to bed, but quality alone time together was definitely well worth it!
Right before we left for our anniversary date...us Gipson's were rockin' shades of green for the night!
Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband, Matt! I am so blessed to have you in my life. I love you!









No comments:
Post a Comment