Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Twins"

I normally blog in order of events, but I'm making an exception to post a few pictures from this afternoon because they're just too cute and funny to not share now :)

Yesterday, Sophie and I took our boys to the pool. As we went through the motions of changing them out of their swim diapers and into their normal diapers with dry clothes, Sophie mentioned that Landon has the same onesie that I was squeezing Benjamin into (I say squeezing because it's getting a bit snug on him). That sparked a great idea in Sophie's mind... a 'twin' photo shoot of our little men!

So this afternoon, armed with our babies, my camera, a stuffed monkey and matching onesies, Sophie and I set out to get one good picture of Benjamin and Landon together (after all, they'll surely want a framed picture of themselves together as babies and dressed alike when they go off to college someday, right?)

Look at these sweet boys! We got this picture on the first try ;)  

Landon (9 months old) and Benjamin (nearly 6 months old)
OK, so maybe we didn't get this picture on the first try. Maybe, just maybe we actually worked up a sweat trying to keep our boys in place. Maybe, just maybe we nearly gave up on getting a good picture before we snapped this one at the very end. Maybe, just maybe we didn't even try to pose the boys for the picture above. Maybe, just maybe Benjamin extended his arm and Landon rolled into him making it look like Benjamin's arm was around him.

Were the laughs we had trying to achieve this picture worth all of the work? Absolutely yes!

So now I present to you: Landon and Benjamin's Big Twin Photo shoot

Our first thought was to put them on the couch...

Well, that didn't work too well seeing as Landon is a crawler and tried to dive right off the couch! Props to his fast moving Mama that caught him in mid-dive!

Benjamin's thinking "Landon, stop jumping off the couch so that we can get this silly picture done and I can take a nap..."

Our next idea was to move them on to the floor and prop them up against the couch...

Unfortunately, we didn't find too much success with that idea either.


We thought we might have to settle for this being the best picture of the day.

Then one more idea... "let's lay them on the floor without the monkey..."

I'd say this wasn't our most successful attempt either...
(now I know my boy has chubby arms and all, but these pictures just crack me up! I don't know if it's the angle, but man oh man, have you ever seen rolls like those?)

...and just as we were about to give up and put the camera away...

...the magic happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment