Time for a bunch of random pictures!
So as I've mentioned in earlier posts, Benjamin is crawling. The difference between when I first wrote about his crawling and now is that he crawls at lightening speed. OK, maybe not quite that fast, but seriously, the boy is quick! We have to keep almost all of the doors in the house shut now because it's either that or spend most of our day chasing him from room to room. Everyday he looks less like a baby and more like a little boy. It makes me a bit sad though I absolutely love watching him develop and grow.
He's constantly pulling up on his knees now, and on occasion, he'll pull himself to a standing position (only if he really wants something out of reach). I like to leave the TV on during the day, not so much to watch it, but more so for the background noise. These days, however, the TV is mostly off because as you saw in the previous post, Benjamin has decided that the best place to watch TV is directly under it. That can't be good for his little eyes!
So when the TV is off, he settles on taking toys out of his toy basket. For some reason, watching him crawl over to the baskets, pull toys out on his own, then sit back down and play with them makes him seem SO much older to me. I know that so many parents feel this exact same way, but I could honestly watch him do small things like that all day and not get bored. I just love him so much.
Another new thing for baby Benjamin is taking steps! Not by himself (I think that's still several weeks if not a couple of months away), but with us supporting him. It used to be that when we stood him up, he would just bounce up and down, but never actually move his feet. Recently though, he's started "walking" forward. He loves it!
In other Benjamin news, he recently called it quits on nursing. I had plans to nurse him until he was a year old which is recommended by the AAP and our pediatrician as well, but baby B had other plans in mind! He decided he was too "busy" to nurse and that a bottle is more fun because he can roll around the floor and look all around while drinking. Fortunately for me, he can hold his own bottle which means I can now get things done while he feeds himself. Win-win I guess!
And finally, Benjamin has taken quite a liking to looking for Rocket and Coal out on the back patio.
If he's not at the TV or his toy baskets, he's usually here...
...and sometimes he invites friends over to look at the dogs with him ;)
We love our sweet boy!













No comments:
Post a Comment