Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Watch Benjamin Grow! 9 Months! (...and 8 Months!)

Finally, the long over due 9 month (and 8 month) updates!

The first thing you'll notice is that I had to do away with the blue blanket. What's even more obvious is that he's sitting on the couch for his comparison picture rather than laying on the floor as he has in past pictures...

9 months old!

I seriously could NOT get him to lay still for 1 second to snap a picture. These were my attempts:



Of course, none of this really came as a surprise to me as the 8 month old attempt wasn't any better. In fact, this was the very best shot I could get last month:

Definitely not the greatest comparison picture ;)

So now you see why the pictures from here on out will likely be on the couch sitting next to the monkey rather than on the floor laying down. OK, on to the 9 month update!

Benjamin had his 9 month well visit at the pediatrician's office and he is exactly where he needs to be! Our growing boy is happy as a clam and doing new things every single day. Believe it or not, he's finally dropping in his weight percentiles. Weighing in at 22.5 lbs, he's now in the 79% for his age. He definitely still has an abundance of rolls on his arms and legs (that might have something to do with him currently being 27.5 inches long putting him in the 29% for height), but sadly, they are slowly disappearing as he gets a little longer with each passing month. Everyone, and I mean everyone, comments on his rolls. We may even shed a tear when that last roll disappears someday - we'll miss those cute creases! As I've already mentioned in past posts, he is crawling like crazy now...and fast too! I find myself having to shut almost every door around the house to keep him from going in rooms that I don't feel like chasing him into. Just this week he started pulling himself up to a standing position. He looks so proud when he does it. Unfortunately, Matt has yet to witness him doing it, but I know he'll see it sometime very soon. He's eating more and more solid foods and getting to be a pretty good chewer too. The boy loves cheddar cheese. We shove bites of veggies and fruits in his mouth whenever he goes to put another piece of cheese in his mouth. It's the only way we can get him to eat sometimes! Second to cheese is yogurt. I guess he's getting plenty of calcium :) His next well visit will be in 3 months...when he's a YEAR old. I don't want to think about that right now because I'm bound to start crying if I do. This is all just happening too fast...but I love every moment of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment