Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Halloween

All of my totally-on-top-of-things friends seemed to get their Halloween blogs up quickly (as in the evening of or next day after Halloween), but, well, I really haven't been on top of things in the last week so I'm posting a week after the fact. Better late than never, right?

On to pictures! Lots of them. Seriously, I mean lots of them. 

Thanks to the my friend Julie who lent us a costume that was too big for her 4 month old son, Benjamin was a turtle for Halloween!



He got a little practice in sporting the turtle look during our play group's costume party. There were so many adorable little ones there! Pascal from Tangled, a princess, a rock star and a baseball player just to name a few!



Turtle meets Baseball player!



Of course, we HAD to take the obligatory picture of all of the kids together, but man oh man, that was NOT an easy task...


After the group pictures, it was time to play in the ball pit...


Benjamin took on his very best turtle role and totally got stuck on his back like an actual turtle would do. At least he didn't seem to mind!

A few days later I decided to do a little photo shoot of Benjamin in one of his Halloween shirts with a pumpkin...

Unfortunately, this is about the best picture I could get (with the exception of the picture I posted of him from the back last week).

He was definitely more interested in crawling away than he was in posing with a pumpkin


"Sorry Mommy, I've got more important things to do!"

I tried once more, but it just wasn't happening...


So anyway, remember the huge test that Matt's been studying for non stop for the last 3 months?? IT'S FINALLY OVER! :)  He took it on Friday the 28th which means Benjamin and I are getting to spend a lot more time with Matt and we both love it! With all of the studying and the test behind him, Matt wanted to get a pumpkin and carve it with Benjamin before it was too late.

Of course, the little man had no idea what was going on, but he sure was interested...

It's OK to let an almost 10 month old handle a knife and do the carving, right?? ;)

Mommy got in on the fun too!

"Look at this Benjamin!"

"Feels kind of gross, Daddy..."

"Is there more in there?"

"Let me touch that stuff again."

The finished product!

On Halloween, Benjamin got all dressed up as a turtle once again.


Turtle meets dog.

Turtle meets pumpkin.

After a quick dinner for the dads and moms, Benjamin and his friends Landon and Collin were off to go trick or treating!

Don't they look thrilled?


Off to their very first house!

"What are we doing here Daddy?"

We had such a fun night trick or treating with our little turtle baby!


Keith and Sophie with their little rock star!


Now didn't I warn you there were going to be a lot of pictures?! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment