Looks like I have lots of blog posts to (try to) do over the next week or so. We just came back from a week in VA with my family and we had an absolutely wonderful time! More on that later...
We left TX on the 23rd and since we knew the night before would be busy with packing and cleaning before our trip, we decided to celebrate our Christmas - just the three of us- on Wednesday the 21st. We didn't go crazy on gifts for the little man this year...we figure we'll save our dollars for a time when he can actually appreciate the presents we pick out for him. Still, we were excited to open gifts with him and see his reaction...
... only there wasn't much of a reaction at all. In fact, after he lifted the flap on the paper, he tried to crawl away.
So Matt had to step in to help him out a bit.
...and let's just say he wasn't all that thrilled with his tamborine and maracas...
"What the heck do I do with these things?"
"Wait! This is kind of fun!"
"This is pretty fun too!"
Next up was a gift from Benjamin to Daddy...
A new cup that says 'The Best Dad Ever'... I think that's pretty true :)
One more gift for Benjamin... a vacuum cleaner. Yep, that's right. Matt was a little unsure of my choice, but what can I say? My boy likes a clean house just like his mommy :)
Ready to clean!
Our Christmas was sweet and simple...just the way we wanted it to be! Matt and I exchanged a few small gifts, but we didn't do much because we already got the best gift possible this year on 1/11/11. We love our baby Benjamin!
Next up, Christmas in VA.... :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment